General terms and conditions of business
§ 1 Area of application
1. These sales and delivery conditions are valid exclusively for professional traders, limited companies and corporate bodies and institutions with legal status.
2. We do not accept conditions of purchase or statements on the part of the buyer that contravene our conditions of sale.
§ 2 Offers and conclusion of a contract
1. Our offers are subject to change and not binding.
§ 3 Prices and payment terms
1. Insofar as nothing to the contrary is agreed upon in writing, our prices are ex-factory, and any VAT liability is charged in addition. Delivery costs are billed as a separate item. All bank charges, fees and taxes are at the expense of the customer.
2. Unless other arrangements are agreed upon, the purchase price is payable within 30 days of the invoice date. Default interest of 8 % over the respective base annual interest rate will be charged for late payment. We reserve the right to charge higher penalty rates.
§ 4 Delivery
1. The fulfillment of our delivery obligations requires that customers also fulfill their obligations in a prompt and proper manner.
If the customer, should we fail to meet the original delivery date, sets an appropriate later deadline beyond which the order will not be accepted, he is entitled to withdraw from the contract, should we fail to meet that later deadline.
2. The return of goods in return for a corresponding credit note can only be made if agreed with SelectLab Chemicals.
The following items may not be returned:
a) Chilled or deep-frozen products
b) Custom synthesis products
c) Products with missing individual components, labels or descriptions.
§ 5 Dispatch and transfer of risk
1. If the goods are dispatched at the request of the customer, the risk of accidental loss or accidental damage is transferred to the customer at the moment of dispatch, or at the latest, at the time the goods leave the plant or warehouse.
2. If the customer is in acceptance default or if he culpably infringes on other obligations to cooperate, we are entitled to demand compensation for any damages resulting to us, including any additional costs incurred. We reserve the right to make any further claims. Insofar as the above mentioned conditions are fulfilled, the risks of a accidental loss of or accidental damage to the purchased materials are transferred to the customer at the time of default of acceptance of goods or payment.
§ 6 Retention of property
1. We retain ownership of the delivered goods until the complete payment of all charges under the purchase contract is received.
§ 7 Confidentiality
1. The customer undertakes to treat as confidential all business information received in connection with their order from SelectLab Chemicals or any other communications with the company.
§ 8 Miscellaneous
1. This contract and the entire legal relationship of the parties are subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany with exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
2. The place of fulfillment and exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this agreement is the business headquarters of SelectLab Chemicals unless otherwise specified on the order confirmation.